If you have been injured on the job, you may be wondering whether you need to hire a workers’ compensation attorney in Coastal San Pedro, CA.
How a Good Workers' Comp Firm in Coastal San Pedro, CA Can Help Your Case?
When workers are injured on the job, they may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits in Coastal San Pedro, California. Workers’ compensation provides many benefits to injured workers, including wage loss, medical treatment, and a fair settlement. If you have suffered an injury at work, it is important to know your rights and know how to file a claim. A good Firm can help you understand these issues and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Here are some of the ways that a good Firm can help you with your workers’ compensation case:
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Can Help You File Your Claim
- The first step in filing a claim is contacting your employer or their insurer. This can be done by telephone or email. If necessary, you should ask for copies of written policies about reporting injuries and what happens if someone gets hurt at work.
- Whether your employer responds quickly or not, it is important to follow up with them, or in an emergency, one should seek immediate medical attention. If you have any questions, we serve workers compensation clients in the Coastal San Pedro area. Call now.
While there are many benefits in hiring an attorney, some injured workers prefer to handle their own case. A worker’s compensation case can be complex due to the many different moving parts involved. It doesn’t mean that every injured worker needs an attorney, but it only means that injured workers should probably speak with a professional attorney to make sure that your case is being properly handled. For a free consultation with us, please call now.
Can You Handle Your Own Case?
The short answer is yes. You can handle your own workers’ compensation in the same way that a family law matter, civil matter, or criminal matter can be handled by the person without the assistance of an attorney. But it’s not advisable. We provide free case evaluation in the Coastal San Pedro area and it is probably a good idea to contact us or a firm of your choice before proceeding with your case on your own.
Of course, by handling your case on your own you will not have to pay a fee to an attorney, but there are many pitfalls:
- Handling your own case may be very confusing at first because you may not know what you need to do and the basic procedures to follow in contacting doctors, the insurance company, and, in some cases, the workers compensation court.
- The basic law is not so basic when a person doesn’t know what steps to take.
- It will be difficult to determine whether your employer is complying with the many Labor Code provisions. For example, if your employer or the insurance company is paying you less benefits than you should receive, it will be difficult to know without having some basic understanding of the Labor Code.
- The settlement offer made by the insurance company may be for a dollar amount that’s considerably less what your true case value should be.
- If you’re denied medical treatment, it will be difficult for you to appeal the denial without knowing the law and how it applies to your situation.
- Knowing what particular remedies, benefits, and compensation is available will be very difficult and you will have to rely, probably, solely on the discretion and determination of the claims adjuster on behalf of the insurance carrier.
Therefore, hiring a lawyer may be in your best interest because they will be able to help you make sure your employer follows the law correctly and gives you all the benefits that are legally owed to you. And an experienced lawyer will make sure that your case is probably developed and thereafter negotiate for the best settlement possible.
What A Good Workers' Compensation Attorney in Coastal San Pedro Will Do for You?
In addition to making sure you file all the necessary forms and meet the deadlines, an experienced attorney will know how to help you with your medical treatment and benefits, including wage loss, and how to gather the evidence needed to support your case, and negotiate effectively with the insurance company. If the parties cannot agree on a good settlement, an attorney can set your case for a hearing at the workers compensation court and prepare for a trial.
When Chose To Hire a Workers' Compensation Firm in Coastal San Pedro?
If you tried to proceed with your work injury claim on your own but along the way experienced certain complexities due to things you don’t fully understand or are frustrated because of the entire process, at that moment, you should probably speak with an attorney.
For purposes of illustration, here are some examples of when you should speak with an attorney, or hire an attorney, or seek a lawyer’s intervention, probably as close to your home as possible. If you live in Coastal San Pedro, CA, you should try to find a lawyer nearby in the Coastal San Pedro area.
- Your employer fails to pay your benefits on time or rejects your claim.
- The settlement offer made seems inadequate or insufficient.
- Your medical conditions restrict what you can do at work or prevent you from working at all.
- Your employer takes offence, mistreats, or harasses you after you file a workers’ compensation claim. Read More About Labor Code 132(a).
- You were injured because of a third party’s actions or your employer’s serious misconduct conduct.
- You are not receiving the medical treatment reasonably necessary to cure the effects of your work injury.
- You reported your work injury several times, but the employer continues to ignore you or pretend you don’t exist.
- Your current medical treatment is not helping you or the doctor you were set up with is not treating you for all the body parts affected by your work injury.
- Your employer is not paying you disability benefits or other benefits that you are entitled to by law.
- Many other reasons, which are too numerous to list in this short article.
HIRE A Coastal San Pedro, CA Workers’ Compensation Attorney at Lavrac Accident Law
When should you hire a workers’ comp attorney in Coastal San Pedro, CA? The answer to that question is likely “NOW.” If you are reading this, you may have questions about your claim or you may have been injured and are wondering how to proceed. Speaking with an experienced worker’s compensation lawyer at Lavrac Accident Law can help you get personalized answers because we treat our clients as part of our extended family.
Inception Of The Case
We will fight for the benefits and treatment you are entitled to by law, Once you call us at 877-244-6727 you will be scheduled with an experienced attorney for a free case evaluation either in person, by telephone, or via ZOOM
We will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the different options available for you to settle your claim, usually either with future medical care open for life or by way of a lump sum settlement So Call Now 877-244-6727
Areas We Serve
What Does a Workers’ Compensation Attorney Do?
Workers compensation law can be extremely complex, especially for injured workers who do not have an attorney. A workers’ compensation attorney in Coastal San Pedro, CA plays an important role in helping their clients obtain medical treatment, benefits, and a fair compensation. At Lavrac Accident Law, we always do the best we can to help our clients with their treatment, benefits, and as always, the best compensation possible.
What is Considered a Work Injury in Coastal San Pedro, CA?
There are many different types of work injuries or harmful exposure at the workplace. For example, excessive exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, or harmful substances or harsh work environments can cause work injuries. There are also cumulative trauma injuries along with excessive exposure to stressful or traumatic events. Additionally, injured workers sometimes get injured as a result of having contact with dangerous objects or equipment. Finally, slips, trips, and falls account for a major part of work injuries as well. Therefore, work injuries can happen in many different ways and forms.
When You Can File a Workers’ Compensation Lawsuit in Coastal San Pedro, CA?
The short answer is that a claim can be filed very quickly. However, proceeding with a claim or determining when to file a claim may require an attorney’s opinion. Therefore, before proceeding with a claim an injured worker should schedule a free evaluation with an experienced workers compensation attorney. It should be noted however, that speaking with an attorney does not mean an injured worker will have to file a claim, but it only means that an injured worker will have enough information and knowledge to know what to do and when to file a claim.
When Do You Need a Workers Compensation Firm in Coastal San Pedro, CA?
As previously mentioned, the overall body of law is very complex and it is always changing. Therefore, to protect one’s rights and interests it is strongly recommended to seek a free consultation with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. As the old adage goes, knowledge is power. Therefore, book a free case evaluation with us today.